Are Aluminum & Steel Prices Dropping?
May 3, 2018
The aluminum market has dropped over the last week due to the tariffs the US is looking to enforce on multiple countries. According to iscrapapp.com, the reported non-ferrous prices over the week of 4/25 through 5/1 are as follows:
- Kitchener, Ontario*: #2/3 Mixed Copper, $1.00/lb.
- Rockaway, NJ: #1 Bare Bright Copper Wire, $2.72/lb.
- Houston, TX: Brass, $1.10/lb.
- Niagara Falls, NY: Electric Motors, $0.12/lb.
- Alsip, IL: Lead Batteries, $0.10/lb.
- Kansas City, MO: AL Extrusion, $0.40/lb.
- Texarkana, AK: Aluminum Scrap, $0.42/lb.
- Hayward, CA: Christmas Lights, $0.05/lb.
- Chicago, IL: #1 Copper Tubing, $1.85/lb.
- Woodinville, WA: Insulated Copper Wire, $0.20/lb.
- Pennsauken, NJ: Compressors, $0.15/lb.
- Columbus, GA: ACR, $1.22/lb.
Ferrous Market Prices
The ferrous market has taken a small hit recently, likely due to the recurring news on different steel tariffs. However, prices are still high overall for the year. According to iscrapapp.com, the reported ferrous prices over the week of 4/25 through 5/1 are as follows:
- Vidor, TX: Light Iron, $100.00/ton
- Rockaway, NJ: Cast Iron, $0.09/lb.
- Kankakee, IL: Light Iron , $180.00/ton
- Athens, AL: Shreddable Steel, $180.00/ton
- Nampa, ID: Light Iron, $100.00/ton
- Amarillo, TX: Shreddable Steel, $80.00/ton
- Bellefontaine, OH: Light Iron, $185.00/ton
- Maple Grove, MN: Shreddable Steel, $120.00/ton
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan*: Light Iron, $145.00/ton